Top 10 List

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

>


This past weekend we decided to take a quick trip to Franklin, NC. We wanted to celebrate Nana's birthday with her and to just get away from our reality for a little bit. We love going there. It's only a four and a half hour drive and life just seems to settle down the minute we get there. Cell phones don't work. There's no internet. We stayed for the weekend and while driving home on Sunday I started to think about some of the things this trip had taught me.

Here's my Top 10 List:
1. Driving through Atlanta, especially during business hours, makes me sick to my stomach and I feel like I'm always on the verge of a nervous breakdown. You think I would be okay with it considering the fact I've driven many years in downtown Orlando. No. I hate it. I feel like every car is out to get us. Each person is just waiting for the perfect opportunity to side-swipe us. It's really bad.

2. It's pretty funny to hear your children sing Jingle Bells and Low by FloRida in the same chorus.

3. If you call another driver a stupid ass, there's a good chance your 3 year old will repeat it. If his brother laughs when he says it, he will continue to say it.

4. Co-sleeping can make your heart smile. There's nothing better in the world than sharing a bed with your child and listening to him laugh about the day and ask for kisses and snuggles as he drifts off to sleep.

5. Noah doesn't snore half as bad as he did before having his adenoids removed.

6. Watching a dog who really shares the role of a human and a persons best friend, who's very sick is heartbreaking. It's a painful process and so so sad.

7. Trying to convince your son to not smash the lightning bug prior to putting them in a jar is pointless.

8. The Smokey Mountain and Blue Ridge area is where my heart feels at most peace. I have Cherokee Indian ancestry so maybe that's why. I get teary eyed every time I see the mountains and all of the surroundings.

9. You can buy gravestones at FleaMarkets.

10. The Coach Outlet store is my new favorite place.





1 comments:

Kristen Howerton said...

That picture of the boys in front of the coca cola sign is CLASSIC! So cute.