Roll Tide Baby, Roll Tide

Friday, August 29, 2008



Tomorrow is like Christmas for my family. In fact, it's probably the second most important day of the year for our household. Tomorrow is the first BAMA game of the 2008-2009 football season. We face Clemson in the GA Dome at 6:45pm. It's been 244 days since Bama's last game and we've missed it every day.

Football season is a special time for us. There's nothing better than eating all your favorite tailgate food and watching the game at home or in the stands at Bryant Denny. I miss the sound of Eli Gold. I miss the picks by Herbstreet and Corso. Is Corso really the kiss of death? I guess that's to be decided.

A lot of speculation is swirling around Bama this year. What will Nick Saban do? How will John Parker perform? Is Julio really that damn good? Will we win 9 games this year? I sure hope so.

Will we beat Auburn? HELL YES WE WILL BEAT AUBURN. When we beat Auburn, I can think of a fitting finger to fire back at them. It's just one and it's in the middle of your hand.

I can't wait to gather in the living room tomorrow with Chaz and Caleb and Zach. I can't wait to watch Noah run around with his Bama helmet on. I can't wait for the goosebumps that will cover my arms when I hear The Million Dollar Band. I'll have goosebumps and be as nervous as a bride on her wedding day.

It's that big for us. It's that big for Alabama and I can't think of a better place in the world to be.

Roll Tide.

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

You mean like Knoxville Tennessee? I think that is definitely a better place to be... GO VOLS!!!

Chaz4Bama said...

41-17...'Nuff said!